Sunday, October 6, 2013

New Art Teacher

Hi Everyone,

I am new to teaching Art this year.  I have been teaching Physical Education since 2005.  This year I am teaching some PE and some Art (Kindergarten, 2nd grade and Art for ASD students).  I created this blog as a way to communicate with parents, share ideas with other teachers, and keep track of my lessons online.  (I have a PE blog at http://carly3.blogspot.com/). 

So far the year is off to a great start!  My goal is to maximize the time in the Art room for students.   I often start my lessons off with a great book that ties into the lesson idea for the day, then the kids are off to creating beautiful pieces of art work!

My Art lessons will be based on teaching the elements of Art which include line, shape, color, texture, space and value.  We will also be doing a lot of seasonal art projects.  :-) Here is a link to my parent newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment