Sunday, May 25, 2014

Elementary Art Project - Under The Sea

This week my Kindergarten and 2nd grade classes both made "Under The Sea" projects.  I got this great idea from Mrs. Brown's Art Website.

I always have music playing as the students enter the Art room quietly.  I love to find a great song that ties into the lesson.  Sticking with the "Under The Sea" theme,  I played the instrumental version of "Under The Sea" from Disney's Little Mermaid.  I use Spotify to find and play music.  I was really excited to also find the instrumental version of other songs from that movie which I played while the students were working independently on their Art work.

At the very end of class, I told the students if they cleaned up very quickly and nicely then I would reward them by playing the youtube video of the Under The Sea song from Little Mermaid.  Below is a picture of the class watching the short video.

Enjoy the pictures of the lesson (below)!

Our Agenda for today was "Draw, Color, Paint, Clean Up, Watch Video".  The tan paper on the bottom of the picture shows some sketching we did together as a class.  I used the document camera to show how to draw different sea creatures, sea weed, and a seabed.  After the students learned how to draw those things, I gave them white paper to use crayons to color those same sea creatures.  They all had to also color a seabed and seaweed.  Step three was to use blue water color paint to paint on top.  (Painting was done on the next class period.)
Here are a couple of finished projects from the Kindergarten class.

2nd Grade Student working on coloring sea creatures.  I love how she made her seaweed!

More 2nd Grade Samples

This 3 minutes video of Under The Sea from Disney's Little Mermaid was the perfect ending to our lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment