Friday, May 16, 2014

Kinder and 2nd Grade Art Pics - April

This is a picture of how my Kindergarten students enter the Art room.  I always play instrumental music as they enter quietly.  They fold their hands in their laps and "put their smiles on".  It's a great way to begin class!  Always makes me happy to see 20+ faces smiling back at me!

Today I began class with the book, "Moon Dance".  It is about sea creatures, and was a great intro to our "Under The Sea" Art projects.  I found the instrumental version of songs from Disney's - Little Mermaid on spotify, and the students really enjoyed listening to it while they worked.
Under The Sea Art - Step 1 - Today we practiced sketching sea creatures, then we began fresh on a new paper and used crayons to draw and color sea creatures.  Next week the students will use blue water color paint to make the water.


Clay Day!  2nd Grade students made clay fish today.   They rolled out a ball of clay, cut around the fish template, and used a variety of tools to decorate their fish.  Next week the fish will be ready to paint.
These are samples of clay fish after they have been fired and painted.


No comments:

Post a Comment